Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Spread Butter Frosting over the cinnamon rolls while still warm. Best served warm, but room temperature is also great!
Yields 15 cinnamon rolls.
1/2 cup butter, melted or softened
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
4 to 5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 to 1 cup chopped nuts, i use pecan (optional)
Soften the butter; set aside. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in chopped nuts (optional).
2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon lemon extract or oil (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon extract or oil until well mixed and creamy. Refrigerate frosting until ready to use and then bring to room temperature before spreading.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
this is a simple dessert that u can do with ur children on weekend since there is no bake involve.it's really simple yet delicious recipe and ur kids will ask more.u'll think to double the recipe =)
1/2 cup (120 grams) smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup (80 ml) light corn syrup
1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
1/2 cup (45 grams) cocoa powder, unsweetened or Dutch-processed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups (80 grams) crisp rice cereal
1 cup (120 grams) peanuts
ingredient for topping:
8 ounces (230 grams) semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter
2) Place the peanut butter, corn syrup, honey, cocoa powder, and light brown sugar in a large saucepan. Place over medium high heat and bring this mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, add the marshmallows, and stir constantly until mixture is melted and smooth.
3) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, rice cereal, and peanuts. Press this mixture into the prepared pan and allow to set.
Topping: In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Spread over the squares and refrigerate until chocolate has set. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
ingredient for crust:
1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon (14 grams) granulated white sugar
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
1/8 to 1/4 cup (30 - 60 ml) ice water
1) In a food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal (about 15 seconds). Pour 1/8 cup (30 ml) water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. If necessary, add more water. Do not process more than 30 seconds.
2) Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour before using. This will chill the butter and relax the gluten in the flour.
3) After the dough has chilled sufficiently, place on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 13 inch (33 cm) circle.(To prevent the pastry from sticking to the counter and to ensure uniform thickness, keep lifting up and turning the pastry a quarter turn as you roll (always roll from the center of the pastry outwards).) Fold the dough in half and gently transfer to a 9 inch (23 cm) pie pan. Brush off any excess flour and tuck the overhanging pastry under itself. Use a fork to make a decorative borderor else crimp the edges using your fingers. Refrigerate the pastry, covered with plastic wrap, for about 30 minutes before pouring in the filling.
4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place the oven rack in the bottom third of the oven.note: alternatively u can buy ready made crust at ur nearest store if u don't have enough time to bake the crust or if u are not sure how to make it.i buy crust sometime..lol ^_^
2/3 cup (160 ml) Golden Syrup (or dark corn syrup)
1 cup dark chip chocolate
4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter
3 large eggs
1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
1/4 tspn salt
1 1/2 - 2 cups (150 - 200 grams) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
1) In a large saucepan, heat the brown sugar, Golden Syrup, dark chocolate and butter until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool until tepid. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. When the boiled syrup has cooled, beat in the eggs, salt, and cream.
2) Remove the chilled pastry crust from the refrigerator and evenly distribute the chopped pecans over the bottom of the crust. Then pour the filling evenly over the nuts. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is just set (a toothpick inserted into the center of the pie will come out clean. (If you find the edges of the pie crust are over browning during baking, cover with foil.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream.
Note: To toast pecans - Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely.happy baking every one!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
200g dark chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 cup dark choc bits
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Friday, November 5, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- 8 eggs ( I used 4 whites & 4 whole eggs)
- 2 Tbsp milk ( i used half cup )
- 1 plum tomato, chopped ( i used the big tomato)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded ( i added 1/2 cup shredded parmesan)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled ( i used cooked sausages - cubed)
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, sliced ( i used canned )
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 onion- chopped
- oil for pie pan ( i use my non stick frying pan)
- In a bowl beat the eggs and milk together.
- Mix in the tomato, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and basil.
- Oil the a 9" pie pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Top the frittata with the remaining cheese and return to the over for 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Note: A frittata is the Italian version of an omelet, but is doesn't require sophisticated or tricky maneuvers. Even if you can't make a pretty omelet, you can make a great frittata. The frittata is made "open-face" style and isn't folded over. It's part of what makes Italian comfort food fantastic. It is healthy, tasty, and simple to make. You can add meat or keep it vegetarian. It can be served for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
If you have eggs and cheese almost everything else can be added. You have some broccoli left over from dinner the night before? Cut it into bite size pieces and include it. I have a friend who adds left over pasta to her frittata! Ask yourself, would you eat it on a pizza or in an omelet? If the answer is "yes" then it should be great in a frittata. Vegetables are always welcome for flavor, color, and crunch. Textures should vary within the frittata. Herbs should be added, whether fresh or dried. Your cheeses will also effect the flavors of your frittata. Spinach, walnuts, and Gorgonzola create a sophisticated frittata. Have fun! Experiment!
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
* 1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker
* 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 7 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESECAKE
* 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
* 1 pound cream cheese, softened
* 2/3 cup sugar
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 teaspoon vanilla powder
* ¾ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed
DIRECTIONS FOR CRUST
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar. Add melted butter and blend until combined.
2. Press into pan. Set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHEESECAKE
1. Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
2. Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins).
3. Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
4. Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
5. Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
6. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
7. Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
i've change a few from the original recipe
1/4 c milk
½ tsp lemon juice
1 lb. Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese (let soften at room temperature)
1 pint Daisy sour cream
6 eggs, separated
1 ¼ c sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbspn corn strach*
2 tbspn self raising flour*
*i added this 2 ingredient cause i want a little bit dense but still fluffy cheesecake
1-Blend together in large bowl milk, lemon juice and cream cheese. Add to blended ingredients sour cream, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into mixture.
2-Pour over crumbs and bake 320-325 degree oven for one hour or until center comes out clean on a toothpick. Turn off heat and keep in oven one more hour. Remove sides of pan and chill. (May develop cracks on top which can be covered with sifted powdered sugar when serving).
Helpful suggestions for baking a perfect fluffy cheesecake:
- Use only large size eggs (not jumbo!)
- Use Kraft Philadelphia Cream cheese and best brands of sour cream (Daisy, Friendship, or Breakstone). I do not recommend a store brand for this recipe.
- I advise you to calibrate your oven temperature; if the oven fails to meet its automatic setting, it may be too hot or too cold. Therefore, compensate by using either a lower or higher temperature setting than the recommended (320-325 degrees) range.
- If you use a silver springform pan, bake at 325° for 1 hour or more. For adark, non-stick springform pan, bake at 300° for at least 1 hour, 15 min. (Thanks to Tony for the tip!)
- Use a springform pan that measures no less than 9″ in diameter.
- Fill the springform pan approximately one inch below the rim.
- Do not beat egg whites ahead of time. They should be stiff but not dry. When egg whites can stand up in peaks after beating then that is the time to stop beating.
- Carefully fold whites into batter to avoid deflating the egg whites.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
HEAT oven to 350°F.
CHOP 8 chocolate squares; set aside. Microwave remaining 8 chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts. (Note: If omitting nuts, increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent excessive spreading of cookies as they bake.)
DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
BAKE 12 to 13 min. or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool 1 min.; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely
HEAT oven to 375°F.
BROWN meat with garlic and oregano in large saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes. Mix egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan.
SPREAD 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover.
BAKE 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min. before serving.