Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- 8 eggs ( I used 4 whites & 4 whole eggs)
- 2 Tbsp milk ( i used half cup )
- 1 plum tomato, chopped ( i used the big tomato)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded ( i added 1/2 cup shredded parmesan)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled ( i used cooked sausages - cubed)
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, sliced ( i used canned )
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 onion- chopped
- oil for pie pan ( i use my non stick frying pan)
- In a bowl beat the eggs and milk together.
- Mix in the tomato, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and basil.
- Oil the a 9" pie pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Top the frittata with the remaining cheese and return to the over for 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Note: A frittata is the Italian version of an omelet, but is doesn't require sophisticated or tricky maneuvers. Even if you can't make a pretty omelet, you can make a great frittata. The frittata is made "open-face" style and isn't folded over. It's part of what makes Italian comfort food fantastic. It is healthy, tasty, and simple to make. You can add meat or keep it vegetarian. It can be served for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
If you have eggs and cheese almost everything else can be added. You have some broccoli left over from dinner the night before? Cut it into bite size pieces and include it. I have a friend who adds left over pasta to her frittata! Ask yourself, would you eat it on a pizza or in an omelet? If the answer is "yes" then it should be great in a frittata. Vegetables are always welcome for flavor, color, and crunch. Textures should vary within the frittata. Herbs should be added, whether fresh or dried. Your cheeses will also effect the flavors of your frittata. Spinach, walnuts, and Gorgonzola create a sophisticated frittata. Have fun! Experiment!
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
* 1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker
* 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 7 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESECAKE
* 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
* 1 pound cream cheese, softened
* 2/3 cup sugar
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 teaspoon vanilla powder
* ¾ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed
DIRECTIONS FOR CRUST
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar. Add melted butter and blend until combined.
2. Press into pan. Set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHEESECAKE
1. Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
2. Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins).
3. Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
4. Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
5. Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
6. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
7. Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
i've change a few from the original recipe
1/4 c milk
½ tsp lemon juice
1 lb. Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese (let soften at room temperature)
1 pint Daisy sour cream
6 eggs, separated
1 ¼ c sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbspn corn strach*
2 tbspn self raising flour*
*i added this 2 ingredient cause i want a little bit dense but still fluffy cheesecake
1-Blend together in large bowl milk, lemon juice and cream cheese. Add to blended ingredients sour cream, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into mixture.
2-Pour over crumbs and bake 320-325 degree oven for one hour or until center comes out clean on a toothpick. Turn off heat and keep in oven one more hour. Remove sides of pan and chill. (May develop cracks on top which can be covered with sifted powdered sugar when serving).
Helpful suggestions for baking a perfect fluffy cheesecake:
- Use only large size eggs (not jumbo!)
- Use Kraft Philadelphia Cream cheese and best brands of sour cream (Daisy, Friendship, or Breakstone). I do not recommend a store brand for this recipe.
- I advise you to calibrate your oven temperature; if the oven fails to meet its automatic setting, it may be too hot or too cold. Therefore, compensate by using either a lower or higher temperature setting than the recommended (320-325 degrees) range.
- If you use a silver springform pan, bake at 325° for 1 hour or more. For adark, non-stick springform pan, bake at 300° for at least 1 hour, 15 min. (Thanks to Tony for the tip!)
- Use a springform pan that measures no less than 9″ in diameter.
- Fill the springform pan approximately one inch below the rim.
- Do not beat egg whites ahead of time. They should be stiff but not dry. When egg whites can stand up in peaks after beating then that is the time to stop beating.
- Carefully fold whites into batter to avoid deflating the egg whites.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
HEAT oven to 350°F.
CHOP 8 chocolate squares; set aside. Microwave remaining 8 chocolate squares in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts. (Note: If omitting nuts, increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent excessive spreading of cookies as they bake.)
DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
BAKE 12 to 13 min. or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool 1 min.; remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely
HEAT oven to 375°F.
BROWN meat with garlic and oregano in large saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes. Mix egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan.
SPREAD 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover.
BAKE 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 5 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD milk and reduced-fat cream cheese to skillet; cook and stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in cucumbers and dill.
RETURN fish to skillet. Cook 2 min. or until heated through. Serve topped with cream cheese sauce
HEAT greased grill to medium-high heat.
MIX first 3 ingredients until well blended.
GRILL fish 4 min. on each side; brush generously with barbecue sauce mixture. Grill 2 to 4 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce
MIX cream cheese spread and salsa until well blended. Spread evenly onto tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge.
TOP with turkey, cheese and lettuce; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap.
REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour before serving. Unwrap and cut crosswise in half to serve
1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oven to 350°F.
PREPARE Dinner, using the Light Prep directions on package. Meanwhile, brown meat in skillet; drain.
SPOON half the Dinner into lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of half each sauce, meat and shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.
SPOON 1 tsp. syrup into each of 4 glasses. Roll each glass to coat bottom and inside of glass. Finely chop 4 cookies; set aside.
QUARTER remaining cookies; place in blender. Add milk and ice cream; blend until smooth.
POUR into prepared glasses; top with chopped cookies. Serve immediately
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
LINE 2 (15x10x1-inch) pans with foil; spray with cooking spray. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and eggs until blended. Shape into 50 (1-1/2-inch) meatballs; place in prepared pans.
BAKE 16 min. or until done (160ºF). Meanwhile, bring barbecue sauce and cranberry sauce to boil in large saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
ADD meatballs to sauce; stir to evenly coat.
BEAT cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually add milk, beating until well blended.
ARRANGE bread in greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cranberries. Pour cream cheese mixture over cranberries. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, bring syrup just to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add remaining 1 cup cranberries and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut casserole into 9 pieces. Serve topped with the cranberry sauce